Brussels Mushing attaches great importance to your privacy and the protection of your personal data.In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information on how we manage personal data. We do everything we can to ensure your privacy and therefore manage personal data carefully. Brussels Mushing complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR).
This involves us:
• treat your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which it was provided, these objectives and the type of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
• the processing of your personal data is limited to only the data that is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed;
• ask for your explicit consent if we need to process your personal data;
•to have taken the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
not to transmit personal data to other parties, unless necessary to achieve the objectives for which they were provided with the written confirmation of the party concerned to apply the same confidentiality measures;
• to be aware of your rights as a person involved in your personal data, to be aware of them and to respect them.
Like Brussels Mushing, namely. We are responsible for processing your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions about this or would like to contact us, please contact us using the following contact information:
Brussels Mushing n.p.o.
Head office : Irisstraat 11 , 8670 koksijde
Phone : 0032 475 68 10 99
2. Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data will be provided by Brussels Mushing, for example processed for the following purposes and legal basis:
• Being able to participate in the activities of Brussels Mushing, i.e. (execution agreement)
• Sending newsletters and invitations. (legitimate interest)
• Obtaining a grant from the government (legal obligation).
3. What data do we handle?
We may store, collect and process the following personal data for your purposes:
• Identification information: name, first name, address, phone number, e-mail
• Government-issued identity data: ID card number
• National Registry Number
• Personal characteristics: sex, date of birth, place of birth, nationalityé
4. Who processes the data?
Data are processed by the following external organizations
- The members of the association’s board of directors
- Association volunteers
- Board members of other sled dog federations
5. Provision to third parties
We may provide the data you provide to us to third parties if necessary for the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party (subcontractor) to:
• taking care of the internet environment (web hosting);
• provide IT infrastructure (including a computer network, etc.);
• Provision (and distribution) of newsletters and invitations.
We never transmit personal data to subcontractors (other parties) other than those with whom we have a processing agreement.
With these parties (subcontractors), we of course take the necessary steps to ensure the security of your personal data.
In addition, we will only transmit the data provided to third parties if it is legally required and/or authorized, for example in the context of a police or judicial investigation.
We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us permission to do so. This authorisation may be withdrawn at any time, without affecting the legality of the processing of its cancellation.
We do not provide personal data to parties outside the EU.
6. Minor children
We only process the personal data of persons under the age of 18 if written permission has been given by the parent or legal representative.
7. Data storage period
Brussels Mushing, does not store personal data for any longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was provided or required by law. Brussels Mushing undertakes not to keep the data for more than 10 years.
8. Data security
The following appropriate technical and organisational measures have been taken to protect personal data against illegal processing:
• All persons acting on behalf of Brussels Mushing, in order to be able to take note of your data, are required to maintain their confidentiality.
• We use a username and password policy on all of our systems;
• We use pseudonyms and encrypt personal data if there are reasons to do so;
• We store personal data in order to be able to recover it in case of physical or technical incidents;
• We regularly test and evaluate our measurements;
• Our employees have been made aware of the importance of protecting personal data.
9. Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, copy, adapt or delete the personal data we have received. For this, via the above address, you can contact us.
You may also object to the processing of your personal data (or part of it) by us or by one of our subcontractors.
You also have the right to have the information provided by us transferred to you or in your assignment directly to another party. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the above requests.
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You still have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GBA):
rue de L'imprimerie 35
11. Modification of the Privacy Statement
Brussels Mushing, can change the privacy statement at any time. The last change occurred on May 16, 2018